INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed MC14, MC13 license broken, can't get to my library  (Read 2503 times)

DanielBuus

• Recent member

Hi :)

Okay, so I got the email about being able to upgrade early to MC14, so I thought I'd do that and save some pennies.

I have my MC13 installed as a "portable installation" on a network share (drive X:), as I can then use it at home as my all-in-one Media Center, and also just for music when I'm at work or other places by mounting my share via the internet.

I installed MC14 locally, since I had to do that with MC12 and 13 to get the license registered in Windows, and I kinda hoped it'd import my MC13 network library automatically, but of course it took the local one from Program Files (should've expected that, but there you go), which was empty, as I just installed MC13 there to get the license registered with Windows.

Then I noticed that you could import an old library from a ZIP file if you had previously exported it, so I thought I'd open up MC13 on the network share and export its library, but when I tried to do so, it said my trial period had expired (weird), so I chose to restore from internet, provided my serial number, got a license key, but then when trying to register, MC13 said, "Error restoring Media Center license: Invalid license, Error Code=21."

I thought, "well, maybe I can't have two licenses at the same time, so I uninstalled MC14 and checked both clean up boxes (the registry one and the library one), and tried registering MC13 again, but no go.

What can I do? My library is on the portable installation! Please help.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installed MC14, MC13 license broken, can't get to my library
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:05 am »

You can back up your library from MC13 and restore it in MC14.

If MC13 isn't licensed, install MC13.0.171 and restore your license.  Build 170 did not correctly recognize an MC14 license.  171 will honor an MC13 or an MC14 license.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but try the above first and make sure you can do that.

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:07 am »

Hi, Jim!

Thank you for responding, and so quickly! :)

I was wondering, though - where would I find that version? I always make sure to update whenever some new version comes out of anything, but I can't find that one. On ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/ the last version is 13.0.143?

Thanks

gappie

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:38:35 am »

you can find that build at the top of the 13 forum http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52110.0

:)
gab

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:48:14 am »

Thanks!

But then, argh! It's getting weirder! I just tried installing locally, and now it says, while trying to install,

Critical Error
The following module has failed to load: D:\System\Programs\J River\Media Center 13\Plugins\enc_ape.dll

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools.dll

Please reinstall the latest version of the program.

Hehe, I thought that was what I was doing :)

This message came while the installer window said, "Copying Files Please wait while Install Wizard copies and registers files."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:50:55 am »

reboot

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:51:04 am »

Okay, wait, it finished installing anyway, even with three more similar errors. And it's happy, saying it's registered :)

So, I'm just gonna export my library now and import it into MC14 :)

Thanks to both of you!

Daniel

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:51:50 am »

reboot

I'm just about to, LOL :D

Man, Jim, I think you're faster than Lucky Luke with your replies! :D

Thanks a lot :)

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 11:53:44 am »

BTW, and totally off-topic: I'm looking forward to the new fat-free skin! I love the way MC looks, it's by far the best-looking MC out there (up yours, iTunes, crappyticrap), but man, it's been kinda laggy since MC12 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up