INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When is It "Safe" to Switch to 14  (Read 1733 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
When is It "Safe" to Switch to 14
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:39 pm »

I have purchased 14 and it looks fine on cursory review, but it is sitting there as I don't really have any problems with 13.  So, I hope, Jim, that you give us your advice, when you feel that 14 is far enough along to be  "safe" to begin using it in normal operations.  I mean by "stable" that the database will not be messed up or the tags (no permanent damage) and that there aren't too many crazy things happening when we use it.

And I want to know if the databases are the same, i.e., if I have to switch back, can I take the 14 database and move it to 13.

Basically, I'd like to switch to 14 whenever you say its safe because I assume that from this point on, most improvements will be to 14 and not 13.  If it's not "safe" for a few months, it is fine with me, I just would like your "the coast is clear" signal.
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When is It "Safe" to Switch to 14
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:20 pm »

You should always back up your library.  MC does it automatically but you can never be too safe.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks as my primary player (after iTunes, of course).

Thanks for your purchase.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:17:44 pm »

Well then, I'll consider making it my primary player (after Itunes, of course).  Thanks.
John

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:21:18 pm »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
i assume you guys are joking about itunes!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up