Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AdAware  (Read 990 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
AdAware
« on: July 13, 2002, 05:40:08 pm »

If you haven't upgraded your AdAware lately, you should do so. I ran an older version and found 1 spyware that I already knew about. I then checked for a newer version and there was so I downloaded it and the new reference file (Only works with the new version) and it got 101 more items. Some of these had even gotten through ZoneAlarm High Security. Most were Brilliant Digital but not all.
Anyway, keep it updated, it works well.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
RE:AdAware
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 06:14:30 pm »

C8,
I read somewhere on the WB board that they were in the process of discussing their situation with Ad-Aware. They insist that they are not spyware as they don't get any information from you. They claim that Ad-Aware reads the Brilliant Digital projector wrong or something to that effect.
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 08:58:37 pm »

I had 117 items. Geesh. what next.
Robert Long

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 11:45:11 pm »

I have 0-zero .Well i have one,but i know it is a fake one like it Kazza light runs.Kazza light is Kazza without spyware

But numbers do not have that much  sens with AdAware.The numder tells you where the spyware is
Let's take spyware X.It is in registery-system-program file- in the program file of the program-the exe and so on.So you get the info you have 12 spywares,but in fact you have one who is in 12 places
You get also the 'spyware cookies' as Doubleclick.This kind of cookies you get it when surfing[cnet-zdnet-Emusic] not from a program

You can go to they sites and ask them not to active the 'spycookie'.
Or if you have a cookies manager just block them once for good.This is why Internet Explorer is not a good browser.
With Netscape or Mozilla,you can see all the cookies you get and block the site.Not in IE
The other point is that with a firewall you can block spywares to communicate sending info from your computer.
I used for years Gator,just blocked it to acces the web,and NEVER had a pop-up or so on.In fact even the Gator window was without announcement,just a grey frame

Keep in mind that erase the spyware can make the program not working and that some programs reinstall the spyware everytime you use it or boot.
When running AdAware,reboot EVEN IS ADAWARE DOES NOT SAY TO REBOT.
And run again AdAware.Do not forget as well to run again AdAware before you close your computer.
Some spywares reinstall themself,even with the program not anymore on your system.It can takes quite a lot of AdAware®ebot before you get rid of them.

Concerning Brillant,i do not know if AdAware can delete it.If not  make a seach ,there is a program to delete it

I know that no one on this forum use P2P programs........it is well know that Brillant stuff comes with "www.my -weather.com"..........

On the fast track reseau there is kind of virus that you can get even downloading only music-Kazaa and Go something use fastrack-
One was Benjamin,there is a small program to detect it.I do not remember where you can get it.And there is a new one-i do not remember his name.
My opinion is to not use this programs,even the spyware-free version.
email for more

Listening to: 'Metal Machine Music - Part 2' from 'Metal Machine Music' by 'Lou Reed' on Media Jukebox

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 06:53:42 am »

>>Concerning Brillant,i do not know if AdAware can delete it.If not make a seach ,there is a program to delete it<<

Ad-Aware cannot fully delete it. There is a small program called Bdeclean that used to be on Brilliant Digital's website that will fully remove the projector and all files, movies etc.. associated with it. It's only about 32kb but it does an excellent job. I had a problem with the projector over a year ago and a tech from Brilliant Digital emailed me the program. C8, if you can't find the program let me know and I'll email it to you.
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 12:05:32 pm »

I have a manual way to remove it
But we need to be clear :the 'software' that put BDE on computers installing Kazza has for name Alnet.I do not think that rhe regular products from BDE[Brillant Digital Entertainement] have this Altnet
Anyway such a thing is enought for not trust ,not use any of the product IMNSHO[in my not so humble opinion]
Pages: [1]   Go Up