INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing field case  (Read 2180 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Changing field case
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:13 am »

Guys,

Please can someone assist, I cannot for the life of me remember how I can rename fields so that the case is changed for example "the live concert" to "The Live Concert". I have checked the forum and wiki but cannot find anything although thats probably as i dont really know what to search for.

Can someone please assist.

Cheers,

John

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing field case
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:12:12 am »

Select files > Right Click > Library Tools > Clean File Properties:

In the left list, click the "Select None" button, then go through the list selecting the fields you wish to work on, then on the right hand side, select the operations you would like to perform, then click OK.

-marko.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:42 am »

Cheers Marko   :)

John

frankie

• Recent member
  • Support The Global Fellowship Of Metal & Hard Rock
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:12:11 am »

I tried exactly doing this, first I get "tagging error - make sure file is available...and or not read-only", but right now I don't gfet this error anymore however, if I apply the clean files command, nothing happens, nothing changes. Anyone know why?

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:21 am »

oh and I just wanted to mention, I can tag any of my files perfectly, so there can't be any read only or valid file path issues, the tagging error only occurs when I try to apply "clean files" command, but as I mentioned not getting the tag error anymore suddenly however, when I apply any file cleaning commands, nothing happens/changes.

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »

This might be related to what appears to be a bug, reported in a different thread, where MC doesn't see a capitalization change as a data change, so it fails to update. Presumably there is code to not update the database unnecessarily, and presumably this code is doing a case-insensitive comparison, inappropriately.

I found other data-comparison bugs, and all seemed to me to have recently appeared. Another involves incorrect comparison of List-type field content, coupled with MC not saving the changed order of items in the field.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:40:39 pm »

Thanks man, so I take it there ain't any fix for this at present?

MusicHawk

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 03:45:05 pm »

When I really need MC to save a record that it won't save, my workaround is to temporarily change it to something else (add a 1 at the end or something, or add an item to Keywords), then change it back to what I really want. But because it requires actually changing the data, it's possibly not useful for changing case of multiple records unless done with great care.

Again, I'm presuming it is a bug unless someone finds a different explanation.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:26 am »

do you perhaps know if this porblem is fixed in Media Center 15?
Pages: [1]   Go Up