INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View view schemes lost when upgrading to V14  (Read 1413 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View view schemes lost when upgrading to V14
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:52:17 pm »

I had to re-create ALL my view schemes for Theater View when upgrading to MC14. I don't know why as I'm using the same v13 library which contained all my previous views. Even restoring from a backup just gave me all the "stock" views.

I've since re-created them but this problem has reminded me of a couple of annoyances with respect to Theater View view schemes and the way they are stored:

1- They are not "linked" with the Standard ones. Eg, make a change to a Standard View view scheme used in Theater View also but the changes don't carry across to Theater View. I therefore need to manage the same view scheme in 2 different spots.

2- The root menu items are stored in the registry while the rest are stored in the database/library. For me, it would simplify things greatly if the lot was stored in the database.

3- It's pretty tedious testing a new T'View scheme - jumping in and out of the options dialog to make changes becomes tiresome. Again, if 1 above could be acheived, this wouldn't be a big deal.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up