INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View and Playlists  (Read 2026 times)

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
Theater View and Playlists
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:36:42 am »

Feature request:  Turn the display of a Playlist in Theater View on or off.  E.G. I don't need to see "Duplicates" there, although it is useful for file maintenance. 

See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50836.0

With love,
a different Phil

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View and Playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:03:42 am »

The easy part is adding this functionality, but the hard part is finding a clean place to put a fairly high-end option like this.

A checkbox on the header of a playlist view might work, but again, I think it's too advanced to show to most people.

There could be a playlist properties popup dialog, but I don't know what else would be in the dialog.

Suggestions welcome.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:07 pm »

Matt, while we're on the topic, could we please have a nice, simple way of editing and saving an existing playlist in theater view? Currently, to make a change to a playlist, you 1) have to play it to "load" it into Playing Now to make any changes 2) pull out a mouse and keyboard to move songs around in the list and 3) save it to a new name ONLY ie, you can't just overwrite the existing or save it to a folder of your choosing.

It might be time for a more sophisticated Create/Edit Playlist "mode"?

Thanks for listening.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:12:50 pm »

There could be a playlist properties popup dialog, but I don't know what else would be in the dialog.

Suggestions welcome.

To me, this would make the most sense as a "Set rules for file display..." dialog under the Theater View->Items To Show options on the right in the details area. You could call it "Playlist selector" or something else instead, but put it the same place as "Set rules for file display..." is located for Audio, Video and Images.
When the button is clicked, just give a list of available playlists with check boxes next to each one (and preferably list them nested as they are in the left toolbar of the main UI). Default them all to on and then a novice user will never need to know about a thing.
My two cents,
JB

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 03:49:10 pm »

How about allowing us to add multiple "links" to playlist groups in the Theater View items list.  This is something I would want to do anyways as I have different playlist groups for music and photos that I would like to be accessible under the root "Audio" and "Images" items separately.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up