INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database in use  (Read 2025 times)

Jan Besar

• Hi there
Database in use
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:49:01 am »

I installed Media Center 14 two days ago.
This morning starting the program, it shows a warning, that the database is allready in use by another user.
I cannot find how to stop this user.
Can someone tell me please how to solve this.
Kind regards,
Jan.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Database in use
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 01:31:30 am »

When MC launches, it creates a zero byte file called lock.jmd, that prevents two different instances of MC from modifying the library at the same time. Once locked by the first MC, any that come after will only have read access to the library. MC should delete that file when it exits, assuming that this is the root of your problem, we should try and establish why that did not happen.

You don't say which operating system you're using...

Assuming you use Windows XP:
Make sure MC is not running.
Open Windows Explorer and browse to: C:\Documents And Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\Library\
Look for a zero byte file named lock.jmd and delete it.
MC should now start normally.

If you're using Vista, you're looking for the same file, but the path will be different. Something along the lines of: C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Library\ (forgive me if that's not quite precise)

If the lock file exists, and you delete it, and MC loads normally, you should be sorted.
If the problem persists, you will need to post back with more details about MC version, operating system etc.
If you need to do that, you will find a "System Info" entry on the Help menu. Clicking on that will place the info on your clipboard so that you can easily paste it (Ctrl+V) into your post here.

Hope that helps,
-marko

Jan Besar

• Hi there
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:03:18 am »

Thank you for the fast reply.
Sorry I forgot to mention my OS. This happens to be Vista.
I deleted the file you mentioned and the problem has been solved.
Kind regards,

Jan
Krommenie, the Netherlands

When MC launches, it creates a zero byte file called lock.jmd, that prevents two different instances of MC from modifying the library at the same time. Once locked by the first MC, any that come after will only have read access to the library. MC should delete that file when it exits, assuming that this is the root of your problem, we should try and establish why that did not happen.

Open Windows Explorer and browse to: C:\Documents And Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\Library\

If you're using Vista, you're looking for the same file, but the path will be different. Something along the lines of: C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Library\ (forgive me if that's not quite precise)

If the lock file exists, and you delete it, and MC loads normally, you should be sorted.
If the problem persists, you will need to post back with more details about MC version, operating system etc.
If you need to do that, you will find a "System Info" entry on the Help menu. Clicking on that will place the info on your clipboard so that you can easily paste it (Ctrl+V) into your post here.

Hope that helps,
-marko

Jan Besar

• Hi there
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:02:26 pm »

Everytime I start MC 14 the same problem happens and I have to delete  lock.jmd.
This is very anoying.
Might this be a error in the program?
I am using Vista.
Please let me know if you can solve this problem.
Kind regards
Jan

Hope that helps,
-marko

Jan Besar

• Hi there
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:01:50 am »

I uninstalled the program and re-installed it.
Now it seems that the problem has disappeared,

Jan - Krommenie, The Netherlands
Pages: [1]   Go Up