INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Download From Emusic With Download Manager  (Read 4927 times)

Pythius

Can't Download From Emusic With Download Manager
« on: July 13, 2002, 04:49:32 am »

I'm having problems with downloading a single file from Emusic using Download Manager. When I right click and select "Save With Download Manager" it reports, in the status area: Pending - Connecting - then Failed. The description area reports: Found with a red progress bar. The file name is written in the specified download folder. I've verified the file associations in MJ and Download Manager and tried "Browswer Integration" checked and unchecked.  

Left click downloads a single file from Emusic with IE, no problem. Right click downloads entire album with Download Manager, no problem.
I've used Download Manager on single files other than mp3 with no problems.

Here's the system information:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.325
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD K6 2 345 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 228 MB, Free - 123 MB
Resource Info: System - 48 %, GDI - 60 %, User - 48 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Thanks for the help.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Can't Download From Emusic With Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 03:30:00 pm »

Pythius,
Mine works really well for both singles and albums. In fact, left clicking on the album button just queues all the singles.
I can't get it to do anything if I right-click and "Save with Download Manager" but if I start DM from within MJ Minimized, then the takeover is automatic with ALMOST all downloads. I have my DM start automatically when Windows starts.
I also have it selected to do a straight download. My bandwidth runs at maximum (DSL) the entire time I am downloading from EMusic.
I don't know what's wrong with yours but this is the way mine is set up and it works without a hitch ... so far.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Raymond

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 05:01:17 pm »

Try close and login into emusic site again. Emusic stores some of the login/membership information within IE itself, Download Manager might failed to retrieve it.

"Save With Download Manager" uses a different mechanism to download and have nothing to do with Browser Integration. so when downloading from Emusic, best not to use that "Save With Download Manager" as IE might not stores the login/membership correctly yet.

Ray

Pythius

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 06:00:23 pm »

Ok, when I login to emusic from IE and left click a file, Download Manager works just fine.

If I login to emusic from within MJ and left click a file it downloads with IE's downloader rather than MJ's Download Manager.

Raymond

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2002, 06:27:49 pm »

Because there are many application out there that uses IE Control (embeded within their application) Download Manager will only intercept downloads from a IE Browser. We had a problem before with the IE Control embeded within MS Outlook, it causes instability to Download Manager. I'll see what I can do to make the download more soothing.

Ray

Pythius

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2002, 06:43:57 pm »

Thanks Ray and CVIII for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up