INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Install Failure  (Read 2002 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Portable Install Failure
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:33 am »

Guy's,

I had a fully licenced V13 on my machine and I bought the upgrade to V14 and then removed V13.

I am currently using build 14.0.15 which is showing as being licenced and registed to me.

When I try and do a portable install to my SD card which I have done many times before with V13 I get an error saying I must have a licenced version installed on my machine and to try rebooting and trying again which I have done.

Is the portable install not working at present.

John

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Portable Install Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:32 am »

It works for me. Though I have also MC13 registered on my PCs. I wonder if that can make a difference. Did you specifically clean the Windows registry from all traces of MC13? (The uninstaller does not remove valid licenses.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:17:31 am »

Yeah, when I uninstalled it I selected the option to remove all traces of 13 since 14 was installed, licenced and registered.

John

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 04:38:54 pm »

I found I had to installed a non portable version licensed version of 14 on the machine before I could get the portable 14 license to work, after upgrading from 13.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:45:30 pm »

Yeah, when I uninstalled it I selected the option to remove all traces of 13 since 14 was installed, licenced and registered.

The registry cleaning option in the uninstaller doesn't remove the installed licenses so probably the problem has nothing to do with the MC13 registration.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:56:48 pm »

I found I had to installed a non portable version licensed version of 14 on the machine before I could get the portable 14 license to work, after upgrading from 13.

I don't think this has changed. The standard MC must be installed and licensed on the same PC before you can do a portable install.

Or do you mean that a non portable version must be present also when you use a succesfully installed portable version?

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:07:14 am »

I have a full NON portable licenced version installed on my machine. It's working OK. Its when I run the installer again and select custome install, portable installer and point it to a SD card that I have used before with MC13 that I get the problems. I have also tried reformatting the SD card and I get the same thing. I am unable to create a portable install.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up