INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XML EPG Data  (Read 2397 times)

Rockfiend

• Recent member
XML EPG Data
« on: June 21, 2009, 10:43:35 am »

Hi, I have been using MC13 for some time now, and have got used to the EPG feature using xml data from xmlgui or mc2xml. Has been working very successfully. Since friday, every time the epg tries to update, it says that the xml file isnt valid or doesnt contain information related to my listings/channels. I have tried both xmlgui and mc2xml without success, please help. I am running windows vista ultimate, Avermedia M779 DVB-T card. I havent done anything else i can think of to affect this. I have even tried system restore and installig MC13 and Xmlgui. All drivers are up to date. I have enabled logging, but don't know who i should send the log to? Sorry for any incnvenience caused or any stupidity on my part. Many thanks for reading this. Oh and sometimes, wen Im scanning for channels, when the thorough box is ticked, the program hangs. Thanks again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: XML EPG Data
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

Hi, I have been using MC13 for some time now, and have got used to the EPG feature using xml data from xmlgui or mc2xml. Has been working very successfully. Since friday, every time the epg tries to update, it says that the xml file isnt valid or doesnt contain information related to my listings/channels. I have tried both xmlgui and mc2xml without success, please help. I am running windows vista ultimate, Avermedia M779 DVB-T card. I havent done anything else i can think of to affect this. I have even tried system restore and installig MC13 and Xmlgui. All drivers are up to date. I have enabled logging, but don't know who i should send the log to? Sorry for any incnvenience caused or any stupidity on my part. Many thanks for reading this. Oh and sometimes, wen Im scanning for channels, when the thorough box is ticked, the program hangs. Thanks again.
A log won't help.  Try running mc2xml manually to see what happens.  It could be a firewall or windows security.  It doesn't sound like an MC problem.

Try updating the epg software.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:24:25 pm »

Did you try checking the "Reset mc2xml settings file so it asks for configuration information again" checkbox?  It might help.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Rockfiend

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 03:31:30 pm »

I can generate a legit and working xml file, which i can then use within a different program for EPG, so therefore i know its not a problem with that. Both xml programs work fine independently. I have reset the settings on mc2xml, but it makes no difference. Still getting the message
"The xml tv file is not valid, or does not contain any program information for the channels in your channel list"  I generally use MC13 to watch/record tv so without this feature its becoming unusable. Please help. Is it possible to get a previous build to try?
Pages: [1]   Go Up