INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Cover Art by Size?  (Read 2559 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Missing Cover Art by Size?
« on: June 21, 2009, 01:34:07 pm »

Is there any way to create a playlist such as Media Type is Audio->Image File is less than X pixels, so I will be able to find cover art that doesn't meet my minimum resolution?

Thanks!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Missing Cover Art by Size?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 02:24:09 pm »

I haven't found a way to do that.  I just import the folder.jpg files into the MC library and group them by resolution.
Doesn't help if you use embedded art though.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gappie

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:10:57 pm »

i just open the folder i keep the cover art in in windows explorer (when the coverart is with the albums, a search works great also) tell windows explorer to show details and add dimension to the list, sort by it. gives a good view of the coverart used and when only to check so now and then, less work then importing the coverart. just an other option, works good for me. does not work, ofcource when the coverart is only inside the files.

:)
gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 06:20:47 pm »

If this wasn't clear, Mr ChriZ's script works fine. *

The faster stand-alone script is quite easy to use:
1. Download and unzip the attached package from Mr ChriZ's first post in the thread I linked above.
2. Create the needed two new library fields: Image File (width) and Image File (height).
3. Place the audio files in Playing Now
3. Run the Run Script.bat file.

In the linked thread I explained how I created a field that shows the image size in kilopixels. Here is a screenshot of it:

EDIT

* However, as a precaution, create a new library backup file before proceeding and test the procedure with a few files first.

Don't set the new library fields to write file tags unless you really want to include the information in the physical file tags. In my experience the script does not trigger file tagging unless the new fields are set to write tags, but to be absolutely sure you can disable tagging completely in Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:27:01 pm »

Awesome thanks!

Obviously I'd love to see something like this baked in, but luckily I don't have to redo my cover art that often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up