INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist view not showing only artists  (Read 2087 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Artist view not showing only artists
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:20:32 am »

This has happened for a few builds now so maybe I'm just not understanding it or the development team hasn't had a chance to fix it yet.
For the Artists view under Audio, my view for Top is set to show the categories in this order: Album Artist (auto), Album and View as Artist Thumbnails.
For some reason, I'm getting a mixed view so I have albums and artists being shown when it has always been Artists before.

I attached a couple screenshots to clarify this. In the one with the thumbnails, you can see that the albums like All-Time Greatest, Alpha, Bad, etc. are mixed in among the artists like All-4-One, The All-American Rejects, America, etc.

Perhaps someone can tell me if I'm missing something or if this is a bug.
Jeff

gappie

Re: Artist view not showing only artists
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:15 am »

ive tried to reproduce it before, but could not. one thing. could it be that in for instance the kenny rogers album, the tag: "album artist" got filled with the album title?

:)
gab

daragh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:27:15 am »

A am also seeing an issue in MC14 where consistently Album and Artist are mixed up.  ?

Where can I post/email a screenshot attachment?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

Could someone with this problem send a library backup that shows it to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 07:46:27 am »

ive tried to reproduce it before, but could not. one thing. could it be that in for instance the kenny rogers album, the tag: "album artist" got filled with the album title?
gab
Thanks gab. Sure enough that one particular album and the others had the Album Artist field filled in with the title. Don't know how it ever got that way unless some build like 14 (never installed 14) or 15 did it. Let me go through and clean them all up now.
Jeff

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:08 pm »

Had the same issue with MC13. Alex B (who else?  ;)) could explain it:

A possible explanation:

If the file format is MP3 and the TPE2 (aka band/orchestra/accompaniment) ID3v2 file tag incorrectly contains the album name it will be imported to the "Album Artist" library field.

The former "band" field in MP3 files is now read as "Album Artist" (this was changed because WMP, iTunes and many other programs use this system).

If the "Album Artist" field has a value the other, automatic, "Album Artist (auto)" field shows this value. In the default view schemes "Album Artist (auto)" is used instead of "Artist" because that makes possible to group the individual tracks of various artists albums together as albums.

It was in this post:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52277.0

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:34:17 am »

Had the same issue with MC13. Alex B (who else?  ;)) could explain it:
It was in this post:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52277.0
I didn't notice that all the files that were wrong had the Band field filled in but some did and I know I didn't fill the Band field in. Must be with testing some of the new Import features, the Album Artist field got filled in. I'll have to be careful of this when I get ready to use it with my full library.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up