INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Played update during sync  (Read 1176 times)

bennyd

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Project Leader
Last Played update during sync
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:50 am »

I use MC to sync to my HTC Touch HD all the time (used as an external drive).
Because I use this as an external drive, the mp3 files are not updated back to MC from the device with play stats.

Isn't it possible to have an option whenever I sync to my HTC device, the last played date will be set to the sync date ?

This way I can create smartlist to only sync files that were not played in the last year for example.

I tried to use my HTC device via active sync, but the play statistics do not go back either and the synching is too slow via active sync.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

brookb

• Recent member
  • Yep, I'm a music loving geek.  :-)
Re: Last Played update during sync
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 05:52:04 pm »

I second the request for this feature!  I have a non-Ipod portable that doesn't keep playback statistics.  I'd like an option to enable MC to update the "Last Played" date to the date a media file (included transcoded files) is transferred to the portable.   That would provide a relatively 'rough' way of keeping track of which songs were heard at what time regardless of which device the listener used to listen to the songs.  We need this for automatic smartlists, so we can avoid repeating songs too soon.  (e.g. reloading songs onto the portable too soon or listening to them at the computer too soon after the last time we listened to them on our portables.)  Just add a checkbox option in the Handheld options to 'Update Last Played to Current Time upon transfer'.  It could be off by default, but for those of us who need it, it would be invaluable!

A second option to allow us to do this would be to allow a user to select one or more files and then be able to select a menu option to set the last played timestamp for the selected files to the current time.  That way, we'd have a 2-step process we could use to keep our last played statistics based on portables fairly close to reality even for portables that don't support statistics. 

A third option would be to have the list of files that are transferred to a portable also get added to a TIMESTAMPED playlist.  The timestamp would need to be set to the time the file was transferred to the device (and added to the playlist).  The playlist, including timestamps associated with each file in it, would need to be visible and sortable, and usable in smartlists.  This sounds like more work to me, but if its what JR is willing to do, I'm happy to accept it.

Thanks

bennyd

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Project Leader
Re: Last Played update during sync
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 12:54:30 pm »

Nobody else interested in this idea ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up