INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info Panel  (Read 1602 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Info Panel
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:58:16 pm »

I LOVE this:

16. NEW: Theater View info panel allows entering into large fields and scrolling them (like Theater View News).

..as well as all the nav bug fixes. Thanks!

I'm only seeing 1 or 2 lines of text in long fields at the file list level though. I wonder if this is enough? I like being able to get the gist of a movie/tv program without needing to show the full info screen but I'm not sure 2 lines is enough for this?

One other observation (bug?). In the full info screen, arrowing down to the description etc works great but arrowing LEFT from here takes me out of this screen (using ALT NAV MODEL). LEFT should operate as it does in other lists, ie, places the cursor on the roller bar.  
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

Info Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:53:54 am »

I've provided a few attachements to help illustrate the point. I see one line of text only for the description in filelists (attach1) and then still only one line in the full screen view (attach2). When the field is selected (attach3) I see 4 lines and I think this is far more resonable as the default.

I'm happy that the text is truncated and expandable allowing more room to see the other fields but I think the current config for this is a bit over the top.

Cheers.
i love the new expandable info panel. well done. thanks...
and i agree with raym..

:)
gab

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Info Panel
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:39:54 am »

That's odd, I see:
two lines in the thumbnail info panel
four lines in the unexpanded file info
eight lines in the expanded (hovered over with cursor/mouse) file info
and all lines when you click on the field

This seems to work fine. If I had a choice, and because I have lots of screen real estate, I'd probably go 4, 6, 10, all - but I guess we need to take into account all display setups.

Great build, thanks.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Info Panel
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:27:11 am »

Hmm, ok. So it must be related to the screen res used???

I just checked again on my HD TV (1920x1080). Still only getting 1 line in the thumbnail/filelist panel BUT 3 lines in the unexpanded file info.

If I had a choice, and because I have lots of screen real estate, I'd probably go 4, 6, 10, all

Yeah, I agree. For me, 1 line in the first (thumbnail/filelist panel) is just not enough... 4 would be ok.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Info Panel
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:31:42 am »

I just checked again on my HD TV (1920x1080). Still only getting 1 line in the thumbnail/filelist panel BUT 3 lines in the unexpanded file info.

This one is 1920x1200 - I'll install on my laptop and test in the next few days. Unless anyone else can share their observations?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Info Panel
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:47:19 am »

We're going to need to tune the sizing in the info panel.

Currently it's capping at some vertical percentage of the height.  Say 10% when not selected, 20% when selected, and 80% when expanded.

I think it should probably cap at some number of lines instead.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up