INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Codec (again)  (Read 1709 times)

TheMusicMan

MP3 Codec (again)
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:01:05 am »

I may be getting senile - I AM old - but I coulda sworn that my MJ12 would rip MP3s last November or so, when I first started using it. But now I get the pop-up telling me I need to download/purchase the LAME encoder. And I guess I will (but I'd swear it worked a month or two ago), but I have a question. In another post (or maybe even another forum for another product - senile, remember) the question was posed, "If I buy the encoder, can I use it on as many computers as I wish?" And the answer was something like, "You can use it on 1 or 2, maybe, but don't go crazy." Seems reasonable enough. But what if I purchase the LAME encoder for/through a copy of MJ12 on one machine - how can I get it over to the offline-only workhorse?

Thanks for any help - and thanks, again, J River for the MJ12.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP3 Codec (again)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 09:32:25 am »

I may be getting senile - I AM old - but I coulda sworn that my MJ12 would rip MP3s last November or so, when I first started using it. But now I get the pop-up telling me I need to download/purchase the LAME encoder. And I guess I will (but I'd swear it worked a month or two ago), but I have a question. In another post (or maybe even another forum for another product - senile, remember) the question was posed, "If I buy the encoder, can I use it on as many computers as I wish?" And the answer was something like, "You can use it on 1 or 2, maybe, but don't go crazy." Seems reasonable enough. But what if I purchase the LAME encoder for/through a copy of MJ12 on one machine - how can I get it over to the offline-only workhorse?

Thanks for any help - and thanks, again, J River for the MJ12.
Click on Purchase above and read about licensing for MC12.  It works the same for the encoder.  You use your Registration Code to do a restore, then you receive an Install Key that can be moved to another PC.  The Install Key works for 14 days.

TheMusicMan

Re: MP3 Codec (again)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:25:02 am »

Thanks - I think I'm on the path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up