INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sqeezebox Support  (Read 1508 times)

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
Sqeezebox Support
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:10 pm »

any plans to make MC to work as front end for the Squeezebox?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Sqeezebox Support
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:51:59 pm »

There are a couple off apps/applets to try:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47440.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:11:33 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of MC2Slim. I was thinking native support for Squeezebox. In other word not install any of squeezebox's software at all. Instead MC would see SB on the network and send the siganl for play back to it.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:34:38 pm »

Unfortunately, its not that trivial.  SB is a "slim" (aka: dumb) device.  It requires constant communication w/a server to maintain playback, handle menus, remote key presses, and maintain the displays status.

I don't see this happening.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

)p(

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 12:53:10 am »

Indeed...wont happen...

In use my sb's now with the sc waveinput plugin. I essentially just send an audio stream from mc to sc that redirects it to the sb's and does not much else.

peter

MBlue72

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:35:16 am »

Indeed...wont happen...

In use my sb's now with the sc waveinput plugin. I essentially just send an audio stream from mc to sc that redirects it to the sb's and does not much else.

peter

Hello:

I have been trying to get MC (12 or 13) to be my "front end" for my Squeezebox for quite some time. I am on Vista 64-bit and somehow MC2Slim doesn't work for me. It is unstable and just seems incompatible w/Vista 64. I have participated in the thread cited in the second post above. So far no one else has responded that MC2Slim works with Vista 64 or given me any ideas for a workaround.

Until now.

)p(, I am intrigued with your experience with the "waveinput" plugin. I will start doing research on it right now! I have found references to it over at the Squeezebox forum so I know where to start. Thanks a lot. I just hope it is compatible with Vista 64. I see that the plugin has been around for more than two years and there are 350 postings on the original announcement thread.

Thanks again,

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up