INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the seq collumn and why is it ruining my life?  (Read 2397 times)

zebriel

What is the seq collumn and why is it ruining my life?
« on: July 10, 2009, 01:20:18 am »

I can never just play an album in the right order. At the end of every song I have to stop, and manually play the next track, or it will skip to some other song somewhere else.
It plays the songs in the "seq" order, crap knows why.
No shuffle is not on.
This happens every time I every play any music.
I just moved all my folders of music so right now jukebox can't find anything, and I can't figure out how to make it find stuff, so I just go to the album in windows explorer, and drag all the tracks down to playing now. And then all the tracks play in the wrong ** order, this stupid seq collum is driving me insane, what is it even for? When I hide the collumn it doesn't make any difference, they still follow crazy seq order.
And yes I've tried clicking on the top of the track # collumn, it visually puts the tracks in order, but the STILL play in this crazy imaginary order from space. God I'm mad. Sorry I've been trying to figure out why id does this for WEEKS and I still can't.

Man, this program is complicated and hard to understand, the only reason I use it is because windows media player is even worse.
Does anywhere offer any information and screenshots on how to actually do stuff?
Like turn off the SEQ COLLUMN???

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What is the seq collumn and why is it ruining my life?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 05:09:53 am »

If you drag from explorer, it'll sort by filename.

To get you started, click on the top of the track # to sort correctly, then right click on Playing Now in the tree (the list on the left), then click Update Order.  You should then see the 'Seq' update to be the same as the 'Track #'

If you want it to play it in the right order when you drag from explorer, rename your files to [Track #] - [Name] by right clicking them in Media Centre, go to Library Tools -> Rename, Move and Copy files and put in [Track #] - [Name] for the filename.

But better to import everything into Media Jukebox anyway!
Tools -> Import Folder
Click on Browse and find wherever you've put your music.
Click on Import.

The seq column, by the way, is 'the sequence the songs are playing in', so is important to let you know what order you're playing them in if you're not playing them in track order, rather than being the cause of them playing in a different order.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:09 am »

That isn't normal.  It really sounds like shuffle is on, though you say it isn't.

Check all your playback settings carefully.

Play from within MC, not from Explorer, if that's what you're doing.

You can click on the top bar to sort by anything you want.

zebriel

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:19:07 am »

If you drag from explorer, it'll sort by filename.

To get you started, click on the top of the track # to sort correctly, then right click on Playing Now in the tree (the list on the left), then click Update Order.  You should then see the 'Seq' update to be the same as the 'Track #'

If you want it to play it in the right order when you drag from explorer, rename your files to [Track #] - [Name] by right clicking them in Media Centre, go to Library Tools -> Rename, Move and Copy files and put in [Track #] - [Name] for the filename.

But better to import everything into Media Jukebox anyway!
Tools -> Import Folder
Click on Browse and find wherever you've put your music.
Click on Import.

The seq column, by the way, is 'the sequence the songs are playing in', so is important to let you know what order you're playing them in if you're not playing them in track order, rather than being the cause of them playing in a different order.

Thanks so much for that. I was pretty mad, so yeah thanks for still answering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up