INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure of Handheld conversion of CUE files  (Read 1480 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
Failure of Handheld conversion of CUE files
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:24:39 am »

I have an arbitrary folder containing a CUE file (music.cue) pointing to one .ape formatted file (1.ape) containing songs belonging to the same album.  The cue file splits the ape file into 3 segments as there are 3 songs in the ape file.

music.CUE (table of contents pointing to file below)
1.ape

When set to sync/convert the album to a flash memory card, in Windows Media Audio VBR format, Media Center 13, simply copies the 1.ape once for every song listing in the CUE file.  (so a 3 song CUE file would yield 3 identical copies of 1.ape being copied into the flash memory drive)

Without any offense, I must say little heartedly, this is pretty retarded.  Had I not noticed and left it to convert overnight, my flash memory card would have been filled up with duplicate copies of ape files the next morning. 
 :-\

jacky

• World Citizen
Re: Failure of Handheld conversion of CUE files
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:43:42 am »

anyone tried to convert CUE albums for memory cards and noticed this issue?

craft

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:21:42 pm »

null

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 03:58:52 am »

I have an arbitrary folder containing a CUE file (music.cue) pointing to one .ape formatted file (1.ape) containing songs belonging to the same album.  The cue file splits the ape file into 3 segments as there are 3 songs in the ape file.

music.CUE (table of contents pointing to file below)
1.ape

When set to sync/convert the album to a flash memory card, in Windows Media Audio VBR format, Media Center 13, simply copies the 1.ape once for every song listing in the CUE file.  (so a 3 song CUE file would yield 3 identical copies of 1.ape being copied into the flash memory drive)

I just tested it and it works when MC is correctly set to convert the files (I tried MC13.0.172 and the latest MC14 build).

MC can sync cue tracks only if the format is converted. If it copies the big APE files then the conversion is not working for some reason.

If it is set to convert when necessary, you must define the supported file types. For instance: mp3;wma . Then it will convert all other formats and copy only the MP3 and WMA files directly.

I didn't try the "conversion cache" option and I don't know if using it would change anything. Personally I just sync a dedicated hard drive location without using the automatic cache, aka "stacks" feature. I use that location as a repository for the converted files. From there I copy files to various devices and burn MP3 CDs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up