INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I "resync" tracks already on the iPod to update ReplayGain values  (Read 1961 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Morning!

Currently using MC13.0.172 with a 5.5G 80g iPod and my world is fab. The auto generation of excellent ReplayGain values via MC has really made my iPod listening a new pleasure - everything is at the correct volume...so no hopping around slamming the volume down all the time.

My question revolves around syncing the iPod "too soon" after a number of new tracks whose audio has not been analyzed via MC. Case in point...

I am currently syncing around 30% of my current library to the iPod using a custom Smartlist to ensure I get just what I want on the iPod. Works great! However yesterday - I added around 800 new tracks to the library - all of which I wanted on the iPod...so I adjusted the tags and ensured that the files did appear on my "smartsync" list. I synced up and all is well.

Later - when listening to some of the "just added" tracks - I noticed that I was all of a sudden reaching for the volume knob on some albums...and I realized that I had not let MC complete it's "analysis" of all the newly imported tracks (I have Auto Import with Analyze Audio set to on).

So - the questions:

1. If I have synced 800 new tracks to the iPod...but only 200 were "replaygained" at the time of the sync - are the other 600 on the iPod with no volume leveling data?
2. And - after MC has correctly analyzed the other 600 tracks and correctly set the replaygain values - how do I ensure those 600 tracks (which are already on the iPod) get the required replaygain values so they playback on the iPod correctly?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up