INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 Audio File Position Bug  (Read 1203 times)

macs

• Recent member
MC14 Audio File Position Bug
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:14:28 pm »

Has anyone noticed that while playing the last couple of seconds of an audio file, if you click on the file position indicator to change the location in the song you want to listen to (such as back to the start or part way though), the file pointer moves temporarily to the new position but then jumps back to the end. This usually happens when the time remaining in the song is < ~5seconds. This behavior forces the user to wait until the next song starts and then use the track select button to go back to the previous song if you want to hear something over again (i.e. annoying).

I'm not sure that this is the desired behavior. I've experienced it on many versions of MC but only now have I decided to actually figure out under what circumstances I can reliably reproduce it.

Right now, this occurs for me using MC 14.0.34.

Here is my system info:

Media Center 14.0.34 registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2160 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 900 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18241 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC14 Audio File Position Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:44:17 pm »

The last few seconds of a track are special because internally the player has already advanced to the next track.  This is to support gapless, cross-fading, pre-buffering, etc.

I suppose it would be better if it actually restarted the previous track and did a seek in this case?

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

macs

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:47:27 pm »

I think your suggested behavior is better  :)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:58 pm »

Agreed.

It would be great too if the file position slider was correlated correctly when gapless is set.  The new track starts, but the position indicator remains near the end of the last track (for a second or two).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up