INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cover art?  (Read 2587 times)

mitsigal

• Recent member
cover art?
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:17:09 am »

i've just lost cover art for around 200 mp4 been replaced by a big ugly green screen or a big ugly tv. Thanks alot J river shall i go back to itunes.

mitsigal

• Recent member
filenames?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:59:29 am »

After renaming tags, why would MC go and rename every single file with four letters and have no settings in options, im too AFRAID to UPDATE TAGS OR LIBRARY JUST INCASE IT CHANGES ALL THE TAGS BACK TO ORIGINAL AGAIN, good ol itunes you can just change tag names without even importing songs or vids. Im wondering why i payed $50 for a programme that turns everything to nuts. Thanks JRiver

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: cover art?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:29:28 am »

Where was the cover art stored?  It can't be in tags as MC can't write these.
This is not a common problem.  It's possible people here can help you, but they will probably need more information.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: filenames???
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 05:35:04 am »

MC has some extremley powerful tools which can probably put your filenames back to how they should be.
MC only tends to rename files when told to, so I suspect you've misunderstood one of these tools, which has caused your problems.  Changing tags does not change filenames in MC, except the filename tag.
Maybe you could post some more details, where are these files based, does MC have them in the library, including the tags.
Is this on the ipod?  I believe Ipods rename files to something uninteligable when stored in the IPods database, this maybe related.

It maybe an idea to calm down a bit when writing to the forum though, otherwise it tends to get peoples backs up, and they are less inclined to help.  Also avoid swearing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:45:17 am »

Since you have two strange problems at the same time, maybe you have a virus or some other problem causing them.

As Mr Chriz says, more details might help.

mitsigal

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:54:29 pm »

Hi ok sorry about the lil tantrum Mr C i've got alot of sorting to deal to and i see this programme is pretty touchy. Just for info first of all, all music and vids and pics were stored on ipod only. I can't seem to change things like names, artist, albums with MC12 (tags right). So i resorted to copying all Videos to my new external HDD (just MP4 to start off with), Files turned out sweet no problems cover art fine, so now tags would actually change when altered now, but after a cupple of hours at it. ALL MP4 files changed to four letters, 3/4 of cover art changed to green or a film tape font or one same pic

I noticed when i changed some filenames the tags changed back to original so i unticked that box that updates when changed.

Just to make life easier can i change tags on music, vids, pics on ipod (files stored on ipod only)  with MC.
If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it
thanks

mitsigal

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 12:28:55 am »

Sorry guys got a bit muddled up. MP4's were already on HDD but yea the pics that were on the file have disappeared somewhere.

I see it is the ipod that has renamed all my audio files too and not MC, so hopefully there is a way to rename tags on MC that will rename tags in ipod, surely this is possible? i must admit i'm a bit iffy on syncing

mitsigal

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 06:30:47 pm »

I have MC12 and MC trial i just synced my ipod with MC13 and now all my Tags on my computer have gone back to original but ipod tags are okay.
can anyone tell me how i can stop this happening againagainagain please
Pages: [1]   Go Up