INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning DVD-Audio?  (Read 1766 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Burning DVD-Audio?
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:34:03 pm »

It seems I can only burn Audio CDs with MC. Is there a way I can burn DVD-Audio discs? If not, can we add this to MC14's list?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Burning DVD-Audio?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:27:36 am »

If you mean the actual DVD-Audio disc format, it is a closed audio delivery format that is intended for commercial content distributers. You would need to to purchase professional format conversion and authoring tools to create such discs. Also the playback equipment would need to specifically support DVD-Audio.

Though, probably you mean just copying audio files to writable DVD discs, i.e. creating data discs that contain audio files. MC should be able to do that similarly like it can burn audio files to data CD-R and CD-RW discs.

You can select the Data disc option in the beginning of the burning process and set the desired file/folder naming and conversion options (if file format changes are needed). After you have inserted the writable DVD disc MC should detect its capacity and allow you to add files to the burn queue. Keep in mind that if you set MC to convert the files it will create a temporary ISO image file that needs lots of temporary storage space (up to the maximum disc size) and also that the conversion will take its time (it can't be faster than a normal direct file conversion from a format to another).

It would be good to use a rewritable disc and practise the procedure before burning discs that cannot be erased.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Burning DVD-Audio?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »

I guess what I am looking for is a way to record audio onto a DVD, not as data. I would like to take hours of recorded radio, burn to DVD, and give to someone to play in his DVD player. I guess I could make a DVD video where the audio files are chapters and just put up a static image.

See? JRiver MEDIA Center can do that. The image could even by a MC splash screen as a product plug by default. I don't need MC to be a full feature DVD editor. Just pick a few audio files, send to burner, and if media detected was a DVD, offer the ability to choose a "play screen" image or visualization and maybe a simple main menu screen. I am burning radio programs, but it could be great if you are looking to share hours of music with someone on physical media and want a convenient way to play it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up