INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Buttons / Functions  (Read 791 times)

AlonsoN

Missing Buttons / Functions
« on: July 11, 2002, 11:32:26 am »

Seems odd, but the buttons for Mini-Me, Add Artist, and Add Album seem to be missing.  And the menu items for Add Artis and Add Album.  Suppose they went away a while ago, and you can get away without them. But.

They are obvious functions and It took me some incredulous fiddling before I realized that they really were not there.  And then I had to stop and think "What do I do now???"

Ok, you can add that info in the right panel, but come on, you gotta figgure that new users are going to be looking for standard fuctions in standard places, when they are not there either uninstall it or complain about the steap learning curve.  

Don't hide your light under a basket.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Missing Buttons / Functions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 11:50:14 am »

It's not really that simple.  We could insert a dummy item in the tree, but once you collapse and expand it, the item would be gone since it's not really in the database.  (the tree is built from information about files in the database, and that info wouldn't be tied to a file)

Maybe adding dummy items would be a good idea, but we thought it might add more confusion than clarity...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AlonsoN

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 01:17:08 pm »

I like that the tree cleans itself, had not tumbled to the fact that that's because it was built dynamicaly.  I agree it's better to keep it clean.

Could get around it with r.click-Send To-Artist with New Artist as an option.  Works for me, but I'm a context menu fan.

Maybe for the newbie types you could have an Add Artist/Album button that opened the edit field in the right pane.  ---> Or opened a dialog that updated the selected files. <--- That's the good idea!

AlonsoN

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 08:53:07 am »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up