INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC downloads deleted podcasts from a library server  (Read 1529 times)

joaroyen

• Recent member
MC downloads deleted podcasts from a library server
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:09:06 am »

I've moved all my podcasts over to MC14, and they are downloaded by MC on my server machine. I also run a library server on this server and the library is shared with a media center pc and my laptop. The issue I'm having is if i delete a podcast from either the media center or the laptop, MC on the server downloads the deleted podcast again. The only workaround I've found is to log on to the server and delete the podcast from within MC running on the server.

Is this a bug, or can MC be configured to newer re download a podcast?

joaroyen

• Recent member
Re: MC downloads deleted podcasts from a library server
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:02:12 am »

Doesn't anyone know how MC should handle podcasts deleted from the file system, and not from within MC itself? Is this even a supported scenario that should work?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »

Could you use Library Server to share the library, or this method:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_a_media_library_with_multiple_users_on_a_home_network_%28LAN%29

That way, the Podcast instructions would be shared on all the computers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joaroyen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:36:14 am »

Thanks for replying.

I actually use a Library Server to share my complete media library. I've added many podcasts to the library on the server and most of them is configured to download and keep all episodes. The podcasts is organized into multiple smartlists. I connect to the Library Server from my laptop and synchronize the podcast smartlists with my mp3 player connected to the laptop

This it's working great, but the problem occurs when I delete a podcast from the smartlist in MC on my laptop. I select "Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk", and what happens next is that MC on the server detects that the file is removed from the disk (I see the red x icon in MC on the server) and after a couple of minutes MC on the server starts to redownload the deleted file. Selecting "Remove from Media Library" and syncing with the Library Server doesn't have any effect on the server, and after syncing a second time the podcast reappears on my laptop.

I'm not sure if this would work, but if you implement real time synchronization between clients and the library server, the server could be notified right away that the podcast should be removed from the library and it would know that the file should not be downloaded again? Real time synchronization would be great for many other scenarios so I hope future builds of MC 14 will implement this feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up