INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search/Smartlist Help with Dup  (Read 1503 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Search/Smartlist Help with Dup
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:25:54 pm »

Hi, I'm trying to create a search that will find any albums that have an inconsistent year across the album (I have a fair number of albums that should not be this way but are). For the life of me I can't figure a good way to do this. Is there a way to remove "not dup's"?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any pointers,
JB

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Search/Smartlist Help with Dup
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:51:37 am »

Here you go....

1: list all your audio
2: remove all duplicates of artist,album and year, to leave you with one example of every combination of artist-album-year in your library.
3: keep duplicates of artist and album as these must be "same album, different year"
4: expand to full albums in order to see all tracks in each affected album.

If you use this in a smartlist, then open the editor, click on the "Import / Export" button and paste the blue text below into the box provided. "Ok" your way back out to view the results.
Alternatively, go to an audio view that lists all your music and paste the blue text into the search field in the top right of the window.

[media type]="audio" ~nodup=[album],[year],[album artist (auto)] ~sort=[album] ~dup=[album],[album artist (auto)] ~a

regards,
-marko.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Search/Smartlist Help with Dup
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:02:31 am »

.....  ;D  Thanks!
While not quite simple, that seems so obvious now that it's staring me in the face.

Marko, thanks again...a whole bunch. That one had been rolling around my noodle for a couple weeks and I'd just been thinking about it all wrong.
-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up