INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import  (Read 2838 times)

althemusicman

• Recent member
Auto Import
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:26:39 am »

With MC14, when I go to Auto-Import, I get a long list of folders to search. I know I can select the ones I want, but how can I remove the choices that seem irrevelant?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto Import
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:48:29 pm »

With MC14, when I go to Auto-Import, I get a long list of folders to search. I know I can select the ones I want, but how can I remove the choices that seem irrevelant?

Annoying, isn't it. ;)

It would be nice if there were the option to skip the folder scan, and just show a list to which folders can be manually added or removed.

robydago

Auto Import
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:44:46 am »

Annoying, isn't it. ;)

It would be nice if there were the option to skip the folder scan, and just show a list to which folders can be manually added or removed.

+1

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Auto Import
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 08:40:24 am »

not just annoying - a recent change for no apparent reason from something that i believe was perfect.

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:25 pm »

not just annoying - a recent change for no apparent reason from something that i believe was perfect.

Another +1 - dont like this feature, and it takes forever, as i have 5 disks it scans for absolutely every relavent folder.

Shiraz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:19:30 pm »

Settings -> Library & Folders > under Auto-Import folders, single left click the folder you want to remove > Remove Folder.

Or maybe I read the issue wrongly?

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:51:09 pm »

Settings -> Library & Folders > under Auto-Import folders, single left click the folder you want to remove > Remove Folder.

Or maybe I read the issue wrongly?

should not have to do this - prior to the last change to autoimport it was ok - no idea why this was done ? ? ? ?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:38 pm »

Another +1 - dont like this feature, and it takes forever, as i have 5 disks it scans for absolutely every relavent folder.

Yet another +1.

althemusicman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 05:35:48 am »

To Shiraz,
I reckon you are on the wrong track. Where you have recommended to go, the folders displayed are the ones I want, as from MC13,  but from there you cannot remove the offending irrevelant folders as they are not displayed there. Can someone please confirm what I am saying?

rick.ca

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 03:29:31 pm »

Can someone please confirm what I am saying?

Isn't that what six of us have already done? ;)

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 04:02:39 pm »

I just added the Auto-Import button to the bottom toolbar. ;)  Easy one-click.  If you need to change the auto-import folders, use Tools->Settings.

I agree though, it's not that useful to find all possible media folders and display them without the user asking for it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 10:48:57 am »

We're thinking about this.

The goal is to find folders where you might have media.  It should help without getting in the way.

It sounds like it's getting in the way though.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 12:04:16 pm »

Perhaps it should default to the folders set in Options, and include commands for "Scan for additional media folders" and "Clear unchecked folders from list."

rjm

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 12:13:35 pm »

+1

I agree, it was perfect before.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »

It wasn't perfect for new/inexperienced users who didn't know where their files were.  Expect a slight modification in a future build.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:06 pm »

You might consider it a bit of a work-around, but if you add the 'Run Auto-Import Now' button at the top/bottom using the "customize toolbar" dialog, it just uses the last selected folders from the "auto-import" wizard and imports those.

rjm

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 10:47:10 pm »

It wasn't perfect for new/inexperienced users who didn't know where their files were.  Expect a slight modification in a future build.

It would be wonderful if while mucking about in there you changed the method of storing auto-import settings in the registry such that regedit export/import works. I recall a discussion on this in the past and it has something to do with regedit not preserving CR LF.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:25 pm »

Has this happened it, I have like 18 locations on my auto import list of which I want exactly 2 of them, why cant i choose to remove the other 16?

TC

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 02:09:25 pm »

Has this happened it, I have like 18 locations on my auto import list of which I want exactly 2 of them, why cant i choose to remove the other 16?

Tools > Options > File Types > Auto-Import Folders.
You should be able to add or remove auto-import folders there. It seems to work as I would expect it to now (using build 94, been working for the last few, at the least). When I go to run auto-import, only the three folders I have selected here are listed and searched. Is there something different you're looking for here?
-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up