INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Interest in a new sub forum ?  (Read 2204 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Any Interest in a new sub forum ?
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:16:05 pm »

I am not sure if this is the proper place for this (Mod's if this is wrong area please feel free to move this message)

Would you folks be interested in a sub forum dedicated to the expression language that make's MC so powerful ?
it would be a place to discuss and display expressions, show what nifty tricky things that you have done with them or perhaps help out with expression questions.

I know that personally I have been searching all the forums for all the expression tips and examples I can find.  It would be nice to have a single discussion area for the topic.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea ?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any Interest in a new sub forum ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »

I've just started using Expressions for tagging and wow, it's powerful. You should see the grin on my face when I manage to rename a whole series of TV shows exactly the way I want with one expression and hitting the enter key. :)
Having said that, do you think a sub forum is necessary, rather than just expanding the Wiki a lot more? If there were a subforum, I'd certainly peruse it, but if I were a new user and saw an expressions subforum, I'd probably stay clear. As it happened, I eased into Expressions gradually over 18 months, seeing them pop up in the main MC 12/13/14 forums repeatedly.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:57:41 pm »

I think that Both would be great actually.  The Wiki isn't vary well suited for users to show there code to get comments, suggestions or help with a problem.

I would like to see the expression you used for your problem, I tend to learn more from real world examples then from short text book like short discriptions.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

I think that Both would be great actually.  The Wiki isn't vary well suited for users to show there code to get comments, suggestions or help with a problem.

I would like to see the expression you used for your problem, I tend to learn more from real world examples then from short text book like short discriptions.

Not that I'd want to, but I guess I can't argue with your reasoning. Had it not been for the examples in the wiki I wouldn't have ventured into this territory. The forums are great in that people pose the question (which could be shared by a silent many), and someone responds with their GLEK (God-Like Expression Knowledge). :)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:11:44 pm »

and someone responds with their god-like Expression knowledge. :)

...enter Marko :)

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:40 am »

I support this idea, it makes a lot of sense to keep generic functional 'how-to' questions in a seperate forum from bug-reports and requests for new functionality

MusicHawk

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:51:09 am »

+!

I use some complex expressions, and have bumped into their limitations, so like the idea of a place to discuss and share. Ideally, some terrific enhancement ideas would emerge that JR could consider. And ideally the good shared examples and explanation could be added to the Wiki to improve the docs.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up