INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recently imported files and the view disappears (partially) overnight  (Read 1598 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

now it happens every several days and I don't know where to look for the cause:

- I import 200-600 music tracks, leave them in the 'recently imported' playlist to adjust the tag value
- if I have other things to do (and I do, you won't believe it) the list stays in the system for a day or two until I find time to work on the tags
- sometimes the list is complete after restarting the computer the next day
- sometimes the list is partially or completely gone, including the 'recently imported' view

Sure, I have the view on a memory stick in the meanwhile and can restore it, which is annoying but works so far. The tracks list is a real problem though as I have to get into the normal music screens and filter out the 'unassigned' albums/tracks, which is far more work than having them neatly listed in the 'recently imported' list

(and to make it clear once again: NO virus scanner, NO additional programs running)

gappie

i think you have two options.
one is to set the 'clear recently imported an ripped on exit' to : leave all tracks. (options>general>advanced)

you can also make a smartlist with dateimported within the last 7 days, or something like that.

:)
gab

marko

• MC Beta Team

As gappie already stated, check out the settings at: "Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Clear Recently Imported and Recently Ripped on exit"

This was changed back in build 140, and the logic used goes like so:

always keeps things 7 days old or newer, keeps last 50 items (breaks on album boundaries), removes entire playlist after nothing new for 30 days. (Options > General > Advanced > Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist skips this logic and deletes the playlists on shutdown)

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up