INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What file format do you use on your IPods?  (Read 1973 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
What file format do you use on your IPods?
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:49:34 am »

I've got the MC Library in Lossless form (eg FLAC / WMA Lossless) but what format do you transcode/sync to on the IPOD (kids Nano)  Any other tips?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: What file format do you use on your IPods?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:50:59 am »

Lossless format for main library is flac only.
transcodes to mp3 when syncing for portable use.
Set mp3 quality based on your portable's space and quality of headphones used.
No other formats are acceptable to me.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:44 pm »

My main library is in FLAC with a few MP3 files
I have an 80GB iPod Classic
I have Media Center configured to transcode the FLAC files to MP3 (LAME -V0) when syncing

I'd like to be able to transcode a few (very few) select files to ALAC to be able to put a few lossless files on the iPod, but Media Center doesn't make that easy so I haven't bothered.  That is one thing that I wish Media Center made easier, or even possible, to do.  I wouldn't use ALAC or lossless for regular listening on the iPod, but sometimes I bring the iPod as a source when trying new headphones or new speakers and in those cases I'd rather use lossless than MP3.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:18 pm »

I'd like to be able to transcode a few (very few) select files to ALAC to be able to put a few lossless files on the iPod, but Media Center doesn't make that easy so I haven't bothered.  That is one thing that I wish Media Center made easier, or even possible, to do.  I wouldn't use ALAC or lossless for regular listening on the iPod, but sometimes I bring the iPod as a source when trying new headphones or new speakers and in those cases I'd rather use lossless than MP3.

I would also like this capability.  I am currently dragging the lossless tracks into iTunes, converting to ALAC, then importing them back into MC13 (well there is a little more to it than that, but that is the basic flow). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up