INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping with non-english letters  (Read 1334 times)

Ju9OR

Grouping with non-english letters
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:20:12 pm »

I've created a view for my audio files where I group on artist with a grouping size of 3. This gives me a nice organized starting point for browsing my music, but only as long as the artists name starts with a letter in the a-z range. Unfortunately the Norwegian alphabet also includes the letter æ, ø and å (in that order following z), and instead of getting a group of their own these artist are dropped in the "Others" group.

Is there some way to get an "æ-å" group?

Ju9OR

Re: Grouping with non-english letters
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:34:37 am »

Does the complete silence mean that this is not possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:09:02 pm »

I don't know.  Sorry.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 04:06:25 pm »

I've created a view for my audio files where I group on artist with a grouping size of 3. This gives me a nice organized starting point for browsing my music, but only as long as the artists name starts with a letter in the a-z range. Unfortunately the Norwegian alphabet also includes the letter æ, ø and å (in that order following z), and instead of getting a group of their own these artist are dropped in the "Others" group.

Is there some way to get an "æ-å" group?
where would you expect them to be? i only have a few norwegian artists, but was suprised to find the å under various, was expecting it under the a just like i find the spanish ll under the l. im just curious.

:)
gab

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:39:16 pm »

I have quite a lot of russian artists/titles. The are all placed in a nice alphabetical order right after letter Z - this is very nice indeed. However, when I group, say, artists, all non English artists are grouped in one large group called "others".
Would be nice to be able to group those to...

--max

gappie

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:38:44 am »

what i find a bit odd. i have for instance under artists Éder Quartet. with grouping they are under various. when i look under artists i find them after Eugene Chadbourn and before Fay Lovsky. so at the end of "e". the same happens with the å.

so when grouping those letters are in various, but when looking at a list the å is under the a, and the é is under the e, but the at the end, so the second letter of the name is ignored?

:)
gab

edit: when i go through the list i see Þórarrin Már Baldursson is after the t and before the u although the Þ is in various when grouping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up