INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server - TV Issues  (Read 1716 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Library Server - TV Issues
« on: August 13, 2009, 04:15:10 am »

Unlike the other items under "Device and Drives", when using Library Srv the Client PC reads the TV CH and Prog info from the Library Server not what is actually available on the Local PC.  I see three options:

1) Like with other "Device and Drives", only use the local resource and not read anything for TV from the LibSrv
2) Use the Remote resource for streaming the TV to the client
3) Allow both options to be shown.

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Library Server - TV Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:59:35 pm »

V59 - No change - Connecting to a Library Server uses the Library Servers DTV info not what is available on the local machine.

FYI - I can scan and populate the DTV info (then watch it fine) but when restarting the client MC the TV area is blank again.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:32:26 pm »

FYI - Testing with V140 - seems to work fine now on my HDHomeRun (network based DBV-T tuner)
 ;D

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:16:27 am »

OK - this one is a bit more complicated and still needs some work.

Network Based Tuners
I've got a HDHomeRun that provides two network based tuner, you just install the HDHomeRun app on each PC (adds the BDA drivers) and the HDHomeRun box acts as a bridge from the Coax Aerial to Ethernet - very neat.  So all I have to do then is scan my channels etc on the main PC that is the MC Server.  The library server client PC's now can see, play, record as all the devices as the same.

Local (USB/PCI) Based Tuners
I think there will still be trouble with this as each PC could have a different HW/SW combo for the TV Device so a one size fits all approach is still going to cause trouble.

Recording from Network Based Tuners
Now this one is good.  If you config all your PC's to record to the one location - eg \\SERVERNAME\Media\Video\TV Recordings\ and your MediaServer PC auto imports that folder, then each PC can record their own stuff and it then be available to all the PC's with a couple of issues:
1) you have to reload the library on each client to see any changes including TV recordings (see main Library Server issues post on this)
2) there seems to be a Meta Data problem with how it is imported, see pic below....The top recording was done for the PC running Library Server, and the bottom one for a PC running the Client.  Both seem to have no duration, and the bottom one a very special date (as well as a wrong time, poor title etc)!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »

Recording from Network Based Tuners
Now this one is good.  If you config all your PC's to record to the one location - eg \\SERVERNAME\Media\Video\TV Recordings\ and your MediaServer PC auto imports that folder, then each PC can record their own stuff and it then be available to all the PC's with a couple of issues:

But setting all machines to record to the same location means all machines are timeshifting over the network, which isn't such a  great idea I feel.

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »

Works OK with wired PC (plenty of Bandwith) but I'm also hesitant with a wireless 54G laptop as it has to both send and receive over this link.  Not had time to test for this yet.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up