INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimum resolution on theatre view  (Read 1690 times)

Hirez24

• Recent member
Minimum resolution on theatre view
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:27:14 pm »

Hi all,
         Does anybody know what the minimum resolution for theatre view is? I am trying to use a 8" usb lcd screen (Actually it is a photo frame from samsung that doubles as a mini monitor) the only resolution available for this frame is 800 x 600. I can't get theater view to work on it at all. Standard view works as well as slim and display modes but when I switch to theatre view mc crashes. I thought maybe it was the resolution. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Minimum resolution on theatre view
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:49:50 pm »

I just tried 800x600 and it works OK. 

Try updating DirectX from Microsoft.  It solved a crash for me a few months ago.

What model is the monitor?  It isn't a touch screen is it?

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:03:44 pm »

Thanks for the quick response Jim. I can get it to work on my 42inch pio at 800x600. The 8 inch monitor is a photo frame from samsung (SPF-85h). it conects to the computer via usb and is controlled via samsungs software called frame manager it uses "ubisync" technology. The funny part is I can get vmc to load on this thing I just cant get theatre view to load. I tried the directx thing and no joy. What ever jriver uses to render theatre view is just not compatable with this "mini monitor"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:01 pm »

Thanks for the quick response Jim. I can get it to work on my 42inch pio at 800x600. The 8 inch monitor is a photo frame from samsung (SPF-85h). it conects to the computer via usb and is controlled via samsungs software called frame manager it uses "ubisync" technology. The funny part is I can get vmc to load on this thing I just cant get theatre view to load. I tried the directx thing and no joy. What ever jriver uses to render theatre view is just not compatable with this "mini monitor"

Theater View is accelerated 3D graphics.  If the video card delivers a picture to the monitor, it should work.  If the monitor is the video card, it would have to support DirectX 9 (or later) in windowed mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:00:54 pm »

In MC's options for Theater View, there are two things you could try.

1.  Set the frame rate down.

2.  Choose a lower quality of drawing.

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:49:43 pm »

Thanks for the advice but it looks like the monitor dosent support directx. so I will send it back and get a monitor that takes regular dvi or hdmi so I can feed it with my 9800 gtx+. Atleast I learned something in the process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up