INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Movies, Mulitple DVD sets, and copying tags from one file to another  (Read 1317 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen

I think I've finally got the MyMovies import to do what I want it to do. A bit hint for anyone trying to use the My Movies import; sort out the data in My Movies before importing.... The biggest hurdle is that My Movies is very tolerant about how you tell it where your movie files are. If you use the Online Folder option, it will happily accept any of the following; VOB file in the folder itself, a VIDEO_TS subfoder containing the VOB files, or AVI or MPG files. Unfortunately, MC does not know about such variences and gets a bit confused. But, if you get the data right in My Movies before you start, the MC import works very well.

My Movies handles multiple disk DVD sets very well, with multiple files or folders under a single database entry. Is there anything similar for MC? When MC imports My Movies data, it correctly attributes it to the the file or folder associated with the first disk. If there are multiple files, MC does not attribute the same tags. Worse, it seems to load (some) tags from some other random file.  For example, I've got a three disk set of Pushing Daisies; disk 1 has a lovely set of tags imported from My Movies. Disk 2 has a partial set of tags from Roxanne, and disk 3 has tags from RV. This doesn't happen during the My Movies data load, as only one entry is created per title, regardless of how many disks there are. It happens when MC is monitoring the folders.

Ideally, there should be some way in MC of handling multiple disk sets, but this may be a long way off. In the meantime, the loads should at least leave the tags empty.

As a quick fix, is there a way of copying some or all tags from one file to another?     

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: My Movies, Mulitple DVD sets, and copying tags from one file to another
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:29:46 pm »

I also have problems with the part handling multiple disk DVD sets. I do however only get tags for the first disk. Anything after that is ignored. So only the first disk/file is imported into MC, the rest will have to be imported into MC manually thereby losing all the nice tagging data from My Movies.

I would be very interested in a quick fix for copying tags from one file to another.

TLS
Pages: [1]   Go Up