INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File transfer order to Portable Devices  (Read 527 times)

Steve

File transfer order to Portable Devices
« on: July 10, 2002, 05:28:06 am »

The following is a question I received by email, but it may be helpful to others with Portable Devices.....

Got a question for you:

Using MJ, how do you change the copy order to the Nex II?  I build the list, but can not drag tracks inside the queue list to change the playlist order.  The Nex II seems to play the tracks back in the order they are copied to the CF card.  I'm I missing something or does MJ use some 'random' (ie, no) logic to copy to the handheld device?

The answer is that when you send files to a Portable Device, they are sent in the order in which they were sent to the player. For example if I drag files A, B, and C to the Portable Device and then later drag files D, and E, when I click "Upload" to send the files they will be transferred in the order A,B,C,D,E.  Before being sent, the files will be ordered from within MJ in whatever order you have selected (i.e. Size, Filename, etc) but they will transfer in the order they were sent to the Portable Device.

If, after sending the files to the Device, and before you have clicked "Upload" you want to change the order in which the files will be sent to the Device, Right-Click on the Device and select "Show Queued Files Only". After doing this you will see the files in order and you can rearrange the order by dragging and dropping the files if you wish.  After the transfer you may want to Right-Click and reset this option to "Show all files" so you can see all the files on your Device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up