INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize view name  (Read 1630 times)

KStor

• Recent member
Customize view name
« on: August 15, 2009, 07:02:33 pm »

Hi,
I only use MC for music, and I've customized the audio, video and the image main view to display music stuff.
I'd like to change the view's name

Audio -> Albums
Images -> Singles
Video -> New Sounds

Thanks

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customize view name
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 07:36:19 pm »

The only way to do this is to edit the language translation file located at
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Data\Languages\

I suspect you can quickly figure it out after opening the language txt file but don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

KStor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:50 am »

Works fine using french translation file,
thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:35 am »

Please don't hack the program like that.  It will cause you problems later.

To disable Images and Video, turn them off in Options > General > Advanced > Features.

You can add custom root Library Views if you need, so there's no reason to hack the existing views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:45:13 pm »

Please don't hack the program like that.  It will cause you problems later.

To disable Images and Video, turn them off in Options > General > Advanced > Features.

You can add custom root Library Views if you need, so there's no reason to hack the existing views.
This hack does introduce some unwanted side effects such as options menu names that no longer make sense.

For some of us the Audio/Image/Video standard views make no sense. As you suggest, custom root views are a better solution however the problem for us perfectionists is that Audio/Image/Video clutters the tree in prime real estate with views that will never be used.

It would be wonderful to have an option to hide these views because then there would be no need to edit the language file.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »

This hack does introduce some unwanted side effects such as options menu names that no longer make sense.

For some of us the Audio/Image/Video standard views make no sense. As you suggest, custom root views are a better solution however the problem for us perfectionists is that Audio/Image/Video clutters the tree in prime real estate with views that will never be used.

It would be wonderful to have an option to hide these views because then there would be no need to edit the language file.

Again:

This removes the media type from the tree, options, file types, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »

Again:

This removes the media type from the tree, options, file types, etc.

Sorry for injecting some confusion. Your suggestion will nicely solve the needs of KStor since he only wants to manage audio files.

I have a different issue. I organize media by categories such as music, non-fiction, comedy, etc. all of which can be any combination of auto/image/video/document types.

No need to reply, I understand why audio/image/video views exist, just wish I could hide them, but I seem to be a weird outlier in the user community and I have a work-around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up