INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression to "guess" track number from [Name]?  (Read 913 times)

pbair

• Recent member
Expression to "guess" track number from [Name]?
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:47:27 am »

I've inherited at large number of audio files that are in total disarray.  In an effort to tidy things up, I've been utilizing expressions to "best guess" empty tag information based on existing tags.  I've been able to successfully implement several expressions already in MC14, but I'm having trouble with an expression to "guess" the track # base on the existing [Name] field. 

I've beem trying to create an Expression Column (using the [Name] column as input) that will result in the following:

[Expression Column]         [Name]

9 To 5
                                   2-11-01
   7                             07 Underground Network
   3                             03- Crazy Fool            
                                  9mm
   10                          10 - Big Crash

My assumptions are that if the first two characters in [Name] are both numeric and the third character in [Name] is a '-' or a space, then the first two characters are a best "guess" at the track.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expression to "guess" track number from [Name]?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:04:26 pm »

A possible simpler approach....

1) Filter on filename contains " - " and fill properties from filename with [Track #] - [Name]
2) Filter on filename contains "- " and fill properties from filename with [Track #]- [Name]
3) Sort by filename and manually select all that start with "nn " then fill properties from filename with [Track #] [Name]
Pages: [1]   Go Up