INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Expression field for imports  (Read 1157 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature request: Expression field for imports
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:41:27 am »

There's been several discussions on what img, nrg, iso etc should be treated as. You also have guys like me who have their custom fields to separate different media types. There's also a lot of people who import stuff that have varying file names, and have to go through all of this after every single import or auto import, as you add more media.

My suggestion would be to add some kind of expression field to the import wizzard. An advanced function if you like. I'll give you some examples of what I would like to accomplish with this.

Examples:
1. Tags for img, iso and similar files from one directory (one auto import folder) could be set to "DVD" in my custom field "Video Type", so it'll end up in my Theater View Views automatically.
2. Based on two levels of my Series directory structure (Series/Season), and the suggestion above, the Series, Season and the Video Type could be set automatically.
3. Add an expression that treat all numbers of 2-4 digits as episode or season and episode numbers. Exampes. 3 digits = season and episode, digits with s and e are treated as s=season number and following e digits = episode numbers. Words after this numbers could be treated as Name, with either space, - or a . as a separator.

Examples like 1 and 2 is obviously simpler to accomplish than example 3, but there's a lots of possibilities here. And much of it would simplify importing quite a bit.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Lasse_Lus

Re: Feature request: Expression field for imports
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:02:30 am »

have a look @ confishy's superplugin "autotagger" http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0

it will do what you are looking for :)

it's on hold right now but it works lika a charm 
MT5FR

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:17:39 am »

Cool. It might help me a while until the function is implemented in MC ;) It works for version 14 as well right?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:32:36 am »

..have not had any problems with versions 13 and 14  :)

i think the current version has expired, but if you ask confishy nicley... ;)
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up