INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox Portable Installation  (Read 4074 times)

MAS2

Media Jukebox Portable Installation
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:29 pm »

Hello-new guy here.  I have a question about using Media Jukebox or Media Center as a portable application. I have searched and read some of the posts related to this question but I'm still a little unclear on some specific points. I understand that I must have a registered copy of MJ or MC already installed and that I must then run an installation to the portable drive location using the "custom" installation selection.
Here are my questions:

1. Can I do a portable install with Media Jukebox or must it be Media Center?

2. Is Version 12 still the only version which allows portable installation or can I use 13 or 14?

3. If Version 12 is the only way, can I still download and license (register) that Version.

I currently use Media Jukebox 12 and find it a to be a great program for my audio library. My goal is to be able to carry an external hard drive to another computer and use the program on that external hard drive without installing it on that computer. From what I have read searching these forums the portable installation should make this possible. 
Thanks for the help.
MAS2

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukebox Portable Installation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:58:45 pm »

It's in MC14.  I think there is an article in the wiki (link above) that explains how to use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up