INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing cd's  (Read 1355 times)

Megasoid

• Recent member
importing cd's
« on: August 18, 2009, 10:42:10 pm »

what is the solution when I import a whole cd of say 10 songs and I get two different entries, one of say 1 song and the other with the other 9 songs. Why can't I just move the remaining track into the full entry??

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: importing cd's
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »

You mean two different Albums?  If so, tag the misplaced track(s) with the same Album as the correct ones.

What do you mean by "Why can't I just move the remaining track into the full entry??".  You can.  There are several methods.  You use Library Tools->Move, Rename, Copy Files", or move the files externally and have MC check for external changes.

Maybe you can explain a bit more...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Megasoid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:03:58 am »

Sorry about the confusion. I am importing full cd's from Limewire. When I do I get two separate entries for some of the albums. One with four tracks and another with the remaining tracks. It's all the same album though. How can I get all the tracks under one listing, so I can put them in running order. Thanks much!!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:09 am »

Tag them properly with the same album using Action Window->Tag.  Watch for subtle variations.  If you select all the album's tracks, you'll see most likely that the Album says Varies.  Make all track titles the all the same.

Save the tags to disk (Library->Tools->Update Tags (from Library) after to store the tags back into the tracks themselves.

Screenshots would be useful if the above doesn't help.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Megasoid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:29:17 pm »

Thanks a million for the help. All I had to do was change where the album said "varies" to a blank space, hit enter and it was done!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up