INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Auto-import functionality  (Read 1327 times)

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
Old Auto-import functionality
« on: August 23, 2009, 01:49:43 am »

I am testing out Media Center 14 right now, and I like a lot about it.  However, I miss the old Auto-Import function from MC13.  It worked well, and I could easily import new music with the touch of a button.  Now, it takes several clicks to get the same thing done, and I have to constantly uncheck options that previously would be remembered ("ignore previously removed files from Library").

Is there any chance of restoring the old style auto-import.  It was much better and I'd really like to have it again!

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Old Auto-import functionality
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:18:37 am »

this has been mentioned in another thread and i think your sentiments were echoed by quite a few people. i also agree.

i think they will deliver for us :)

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:15 am »

For the time being you can put "Run Auto-Import Now" into your toolbar, this gives you back the one-click operation.

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:20:40 am »

Sweet. Adding it to the toolbar's even better!

However, MC14 seems very quick at monitoring the folders I have setup. It only takes a moment after moving files into those directories that they appear in MC14 auto-magically!  :P

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 12:23:26 pm »

I agree that the previous auto-import interface was better (for my needs).  The new one also bugs users way too much.  If there is no media, MC shouldn't keep popping up forever until users add media.

I also don't like how it finds folders with media.  This annoys me more than anything.  Somehow it gets into my Web Site directory and starts listing all my domains because they have jpgs/gifs.

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »

Sweet!  That's where the Auto-import toolbar button went.  I guess it was renamed and relocated in the customize menu, I had just assumed it was gone altogether.  My fault for not looking more carefully.

I'd still love to see the old interface soon.  It was fabulous, and what we have now, is not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up