INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View question  (Read 787 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Theater View question
« on: August 23, 2009, 03:25:00 am »

I'm trying to build some options in Theater View and wondered whether something was possible or not.

I'd like to be able to look at audio file information grouped in different ways by year. Ideally I'd like to choose a decade, select a year, and then choose whether to see files grouped into Albums, or Artists.

I've built the query with an expression to give me decades, and then use the year field, but is there a way that I can build in the selection for the next level of query. I've tried what I thought was the obvious way and had the following structure

Audio
    Date (has the decade expression and the Year field)
        Album Artist (using Album Artist field)
        Album (etc....)

But this just gives me 2 folders at the 1st query level, not choices once I have selected the decade/year.

I looked at the standard video querys which are broken down to a low level, but the differences at the lowest level are set only at the "set rules for file display" level. I could replicate this for individual audio files, but with 10000+ tracks this starts to get messy, and essentially I work at an album level.

I appreciate that I could just build two separate views (Date - by artist, Date - by Album), but this just adds to maintenance, and looks clunky. Is there any way around this, or have I just just reached the limits of the flexibility.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up