INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More updates, less super-intelligence  (Read 810 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
More updates, less super-intelligence
« on: August 24, 2009, 10:18:09 am »

It appears to me that lately, MC does more repeated updating as it progresses.  One example I seem to be noticing is that if tags for a song are updated--by another program or computer (shared drive), the cover art will flash (update).  This seems to happen both in the full view and theater view.  An auto import will update files with the new tags and this inevitably includes the same number of thumbnail image updates.  The tag changes are to a custom tag I use and should not affect cover art at all.

I still suspect it may be more noticeable in my setup because I use extra large cover art (1 - 2 MB each) so updating is much more noticeable for me.  A typical cover art file of 50KB could very well update instantly and there would be no delay (hence, no flashing).

I'd say MC has super-intelligence if it can on-the-fly figure out: oh, the whole CD has the same cover art file (folder.jpg) and they are all located in the same folder--so if the top song (which creates the large thumbnail) is changed, I don't need to refresh the cover art!
Pages: [1]   Go Up