INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Pane Sorting  (Read 1041 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Video Pane Sorting
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:46 pm »

I've imported some videos and I think I might need a little help setting of my sorting panes.  I've changed the all the video genres so that they're easier to sort.  That's the first pane.  Then, as the second pane, I'd like to be able to sort the videos by the number of plays, most popular first.  Is that possible?  If so, could I get a little help with that?  I'm not sure how to do it.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video Pane Sorting
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:43:33 am »

That's pretty straight forward when you first know where to look.

Let's say you use the normal "Video" View. You can also add another View under Video...

- Right click Video and choose "Customize View"
- Take a look at the left side under "Show Categories In This Order"
- Hit Add and find the library field "Genre"
- Hit Add again and find the "Number Plays" field. Make sure to select Descending in the sorting options
- Drag and drop the Order of the Pane items you want, and delete the ones you don't need
- Select correct "View As"
- Under options, Advanced and "Set rules for file display..." you also have the option to sort the thumbnails or details in other ways. Default it will sort by name
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:28:54 am »

Thanks for the help.  But I ended up not going that route because it would add the number of plays in the column, which is not idea.  I instead ended up using this search list expression:

[Number Plays]=>0 ~sort=[Number Plays]-d

Weird thing is that trying to add that expression, or many other things having to do with video views, caused 14.0.54 to crash constantly.  This appears to not be the case in 14.0.55.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:02:01 pm »

I am still having a little trouble with this.  I thought I got it working before but I needed to rebuild in when I switched to Windows 7.  Any help here wuold be appreciated.  Maybe I'm just implementing it wrong?
Pages: [1]   Go Up