INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm radio support?  (Read 1735 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
last.fm radio support?
« on: August 25, 2009, 06:04:33 pm »

Any plans to add last.fm radio support to JRiver? Ideally it would have a playlist view showing the 5 upcoming queued tracks (like Rhythmbox in GNOME) and the ability to find stations based upon "similar artists" "similar genre" "user radio", etc.

Example:

The Last.FM AutoDJ plugin http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47579.0 no longer works in MC14 (it was designed for MC12, and happened to work with MC13 perchance.

Thanks!

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: last.fm radio support?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:46:07 am »

The Last.FM AutoDJ plugin http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47579.0 no longer works in MC14 (it was designed for MC12, and happened to work with MC13 perchance.
The plugin itself works fine, for me, in MC14. I do believe that there is now an issue with streaming files from last.fm, but I believe that is due to a change in the last.fm API, not a change in MC.

Hulu and YouTube support has recently been added to MC, in a manner similar to what you suggest for last.fm. There was some discussion of adding support for other services/sites (such as last.fm, Pandora amongst others) but I haven't heard much on the idea lately.

-JB

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:51:48 pm »

Well, add me to the list of people who want support for this service! It makes finding new artists a breeze, and the radio stream is of higher quality (both in terms of sound and scope) than any other online radio I've found.

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:54:42 pm »

count me in on the radio request, would love to be able to play radio through media center

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:13:02 am »

count me in on the radio request, would love to be able to play radio through media center

Just to make sure it's clear, you can
play
radio through MC now.

You can play internet radio streams (not what's discussed here) and easily access these through Theater View also. See the connected media view under Audio for examples of these.

For last.fm and Pandora, currently you can only link to the web page for playback through MC. We cannot control the playback using MC's transport controls (play, pause, skip, etc). It is also difficult to use these webpages from Theater View because once you link to them you're looking at the browser page in place of the Theater View screen. You can link to individual stations for either Pandora or last.fm though, so it's somewhat workable. The advanced features mentioned from the original poster are also only available using the webpage's interfaces.

So, convenient last.fm and Pandora is what MC is not capable of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up