INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videos to Sansa View  (Read 1422 times)

larryblake

Videos to Sansa View
« on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »

I have been using Media Jukebox on and off for a while now and decided to try to use Media Center to move some videos onto a Sansa View I bought for my granddaughter. Started out with Version 14.0.46 and was able to send the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video to Sansa. Great, I thought, because I have been having problems getting an AVI video onto Sansa View. So I decided to move up and buy MediaCenter 14.0.5. Then I noticed that the video wasn't as great as I thought. Only half had crossed over to the little box. The file size was half what it should have been. So I deleted it from Sansa and tried my new fancy Version 14.0.5 ... and nothing happened. It seems to be wanting to convert the FLV format to something else, but just gets stuck. Same with the AVI movie video I have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Larry Blake

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Videos to Sansa View
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:38:57 pm »

If you uninstalled, you may have lost ffmpeg.  Or you may have lost the setting for the device.  Check the settings for video conversion.

Try rebooting.

larryblake

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:21:26 pm »

Thanks for the response.

I did re-install, but nothing has changed. When I place the FLV file ("Thriller") on the transfer box, it immediately reports 3% has been transferred, but stays at that figure, while the time to complete the transfer continues to increase -- right now it's at 8.6 hours. If I click on "Details," it reports it is "converting."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:39:41 pm »

If the settings are correct, it's probably missing ffmpeg.

Uninstall, removing registry entries, reboot, reinstall.

larryblake

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:05:59 pm »

I did reboot and reinstall, but still nothing.  ?

I went back to version 14.0.46 and was able to move the Thriller video to a Sansa e260. (My granddaughter's birthday came, so I had to give her the Sansa View, Thriller or no Thriller.)

I'm toying with buying another Sansa View but will probably wait awhile. And I'll stick to 14.0.46 for awhile, too, although the problem is probably neither the device nor the program but me.

Larry Blake
Pages: [1]   Go Up