INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chargers  (Read 880 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Chargers
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:30:12 am »

I'm angry that there isn't a universal mp3 player charger/sync USB dock connector.  You shouldn't have to buy an iPod dock, a Zune dock, a Creative-mp3-player dock for your computer, stereo, car (aka, buy a new car or modify it).

There should be 2 or 3 universal chargers--small = USB, medium for small/medium sized laptops, and large for medium or large laptops.  Unfortunately, my next statement would be that they all should be magsafe but here we go again!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Chargers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:50:07 pm »

Short and sweet.  I'm angry that there isn't a universal mp3 player charger/sync USB dock connector.  You shouldn't have to buy an iPod dock, a Zune dock, a Creative-mp3-player dock for your computer, stereo, car (aka, buy a new car or modify it).

There should be 2 or 3 universal chargers--small = USB, medium for small/medium sized laptops, and large for medium or large laptops.  Unfortunately, my next statement would be that they all should be magsafe but here we go again!
An Xpal Battery/charger will connect to any device and is available in many sizes. They guarantee that they have an adapter to fit your device. I was just looking at them earlier today because I want to use battery power for the ASUS Xonar Essence ST soundcard. The soundcard has a separate 4-pin molex connector for the audio section to isolate it from computer noise. I could hookup an Xpal by drawing from both the 5v and 12v outputs and have a clean power source for the soundcard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up