INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Played With 14 seems like 13 to me.  (Read 1437 times)

hojon234

Played With 14 seems like 13 to me.
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:26:03 am »

So what's the BIG changes. I don't get it. It still feels and acts like 13. A couple changes that I don't see worth paying for. Should have been just another update to 13. And I use Nero Recode for my Video Files but they play badly on 12, 13, and 14.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Played With 14 seems like 13 to me.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:41:52 am »

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39:19 am »

You may be like me, and only using Audio.  I don't have it integrated with TV, DVD, etc.  To us, only the Audio changes, and maybe the Theater view, apply.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:00:38 am »

I too only use MC for Audio to date. However I did find some enhancements and additions in MC14 which I find worthwhile.

Play audio from memory - reduces hard drive and network traffic, some believe it enhances sound quality.

Tremote - this was the one that pushes the buy-button for me, the ability to control MC from another PC or device and have the music play at either end. For whole-house audio or remote listening it is a big addition.

Database & tagging enhancements - as my library grows MC continues to grow with it, handling more file faster.

Of course I am expecting continued development on MC14 including more new features.
If it was to end here I think I'd feel as if each new version was beginning to give less than the previous.
. . . the game is rigged

hojon234

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:49 pm »

Thanks Guys. I guess I still need to play around with it some more.

I found a great "FREE" video Data base. I've been using it in conjunction with MC13. I love it. If your a movie buff check it out. It works on XP not sure about Vista, Windows 7, or any other platform. The Guy put a crap load of work into the app, DONATE if you can spare any extra $$$$$$. And Pass this link on to others who may be interested in it.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:41 am »

Thanks Guys. I guess I still need to play around with it some more.

I found a great "FREE" video Data base. I've been using it in conjunction with MC13. I love it. If your a movie buff check it out. It works on XP not sure about Vista, Windows 7, or any other platform. The Guy put a crap load of work into the app, DONATE if you can spare any extra $$$$$$. And Pass this link on to others who may be interested in it.

You know there is a plugin on this forum for importing of Video and Series through PVD and into MC14? Maybe it works in 13 as well. You should check it out. If you're using Theater View for browsing music and videos, I think you will find that there is enough changes in version 14 to justify the price.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up