INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod "not properly identified" under Windows 7  (Read 1805 times)

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
iPod "not properly identified" under Windows 7
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:36:45 am »

Please forgive the cross-post, but I wanted to ensure this was flagged on both MC13 and MC14, since 13 is no longer in development.

I upgraded from 64-bit Vista Ultimate to Win7 Ultimate last night, and I'm getting the following error in both MC13 and MC14 when I connect my iPod Classic (which worked perfectly with MC13 under Vista):

I did not have the iPod connected during the Windows upgrade process; the first time I connected it to Win7 was after firing up MC13.  When it failed under MC13, I downloaded and installed MC14 thinking it might be a known (and fixed) problem, but no joy. I've rebooted at least once since this first occurred, and I get the error each time I plug it in.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod "not properly identified" under Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:11 am »

looks a lot like what is in this thread on the 13 forum: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53306.msg364736;topicseen#msg364736

:)
gab

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:33 am »

It is exactly the same problem.  As I mentioned, I cross-posted here to ensure it was logged against MC14, since MC13 is no longer in development.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:41:31 pm »

Which ipod? I plugged a classic into a RTM 32 bit (for the first time on a clean build machine) and it worked perfectly.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 05:34:49 pm »

Me too! I have had this same problem with an iPod Classic 80GB. There is an error message in the handheld debug logs but as the OP says the device still syncs as normal. The problem appeared after one of the Windows 7 RC builds. I clean installed the RTM with no change to the problem. I am running 64bit builds.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:40:29 am »

Does your ipod classic show up more than once in the device tree??

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:12 am »

Which ipod? I plugged a classic into a RTM 32 bit (for the first time on a clean build machine) and it worked perfectly.
Mine's an 80GB Classic.  Win7 is 64-bit Ultimate RTM, migrated from Vista Ultimate 64.  I'll have to look at it more closely over the weekend, but IIRC when I looked at it under MC I did not see my sync playlists selected as they had been prior to the OS upgrade, so I didn't try syncing.

edbro

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:11:13 pm »

Tonight I reinitialized my iPod (80GB Classic) and resynced my audio library of 6900 files. When I plugged the iPod in I got the "not properly identified" message of course. But, 5 or 6 times during the sync, MC would stop transferring and display the not identified message. I had to acknowledge the error box before it would continue. This seemed to happen when I was installing other software on the computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up