INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto import doesn't work  (Read 1742 times)

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Auto import doesn't work
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:58:52 pm »

Any news on a next release guys? I'm starting to think that the "stable" monika was a bit premature... 

Auto Import isn't working at all for me (maybe because my auto import paths a network addresses??). It works fine if I do a manual update.

Kinda problematic that one of the major upgrades to the software isn't working for anyone (Library Sync), and thet old functionality is broken.   ?
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Auto import doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:36:25 pm »

Any more details you can provide?

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:20 pm »

Hi there,

Just noticed that this post was moved.

Not sure what else I can say in addition to my original post - What other info can I provide to help you out?

All of my file paths (and Auto Import paths) are server addresses (i.e. \\SERVERNAME\Music , \\SERVERNAME\Video)

If I go through and do a manual import (using the server addresses exactly the same as the Auto Import setup)- the importer picks up the files, Auto Import doesn't

Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:57 pm »

Maybe a dumb question but you've enabled the "Run auto-import in background" option, right?

Tools -> Options -> Library & Folders -> Auto-Import Folders -> Options -> Run auto-import in background

I've experienced simliar problems before using network shares that involved some crazy NTFS junctions. Once I dumbed this down AI started working fine. This is still a problem but I've never bothered reporting it since I found a work-around. I can delve into the detail of this if you like but I'm guessing your shares aren't setup this way.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:49:28 pm »

Maybe a dumb question but you've enabled the "Run auto-import in background" option, right?

Run Auto-Import is definitely turned on.

This is even an issue when I do the manual Auto-Import via the wizard

I've experienced simliar problems before using network shares that involved some crazy NTFS junctions. Once I dumbed this down AI started working fine. This is still a problem but I've never bothered reporting it since I found a work-around. I can delve into the detail of this if you like but I'm guessing you're shares aren't setup this way.

They are just standard NT shares (actually - with "Everyone" access)

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 07:50:01 pm »

Try importing the files from a Mapped Drive, ie: Y:\Music  as opposed to \\server\Music

I think it's a bug

hdevilliers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 03:07:42 am »

I had something similar the other day where only certain files in a directory where being imported . I moved all the files to a temporary location , waited for the library to update itself (I had fix broken links set to on) and then moved the files back and did a recan .

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:37:04 am »

I've been testing UNC filenames (i.e. \\Server\Music\1.mp3), and haven't been able to find a problem.  This was testing MP3 files.

Both single folder import and a manually run auto-import seem to find any new files added to the server.

One thing to note is that the folder watching mechanism of auto-import may not be able to automatically detect changes on some UNC paths due to limitations in Windows itself.  This won't affect manual imports.

Any other details or tips for reproducing the issue would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up