INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Displays situation  (Read 1578 times)

miguel reis

• Recent member
Multiple Displays situation
« on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »

Hi !
Great Program, i just got this situation,
 I pretend to use my (LCD1)"default screen" in the option "Playing Now" with videoclipscreen + playlist and on the other LCD 2,... with Full Screen . How to do it?
I am almost there,... or not...?
I have the secondary screen extended, so in the default i have MC14.094 (i dont know if the new version can do it?), and i "Detach Display" on "Playing Now" and move it (vista) to next screen and "maximize" , OK
so now i have in default screen 1 "Playing Now" with playlist but no image, and in the other the "full screen", ::)
I tryed on the "Display Settings" - Full Screen "Display #2" , but the MC14 minimize in the default screen 1 :P
I also donīt know if is it possible and how to do it in the "Zones" ?? I just saw different things playing together? in diferent screens

Thank you for your attention!

p.s. Sorry I am Portuguese, not so good in English ;)

miguel reis

• Recent member
Re: Multiple Displays situation
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:00:12 pm »

Hi !
I would like to have on one screen (1) playlist with videoclip (like the view "Playing Now") and on other screen (2) with "Full Screen" view!
Is it possible? ?
How to do it? ?
Thanks ;)

miguel reis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:47:33 am »

Hi
I presume because there isnīt any answere! after one week!
That is not possible???
Is it??

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 07:04:12 am »

Try right click on the display and "Detach Display".

miguel reis

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 03:31:52 am »

and i "Detach Display" on "Playing Now" and move it (vista) to next screen and "maximize" , OK
so now i have in default screen 1 "Playing Now" with playlist but no image, and in the other the "full screen", ::)
Hi Jim!
I think i tryed!
I pretendt on Screen 1 "Playing Now" with playlist and Image and on Screen 2  with "full screen"

thanks

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 06:11:01 pm »

I just posted a related question here, before I noticed this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56066.0

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 04:52:26 am »

I don't think it is possible by using only the options that are available inside MC. If I understood correctly, Miguel would like to show the same video output simultaneously on two separate display devices. One small video screen would be inside the standard MC interface (for monitoring) and another full screen video screen would play on another display device.

Some video card drivers have an option for a so called "Theater View Mode", which can be set to clone and show video output in full screen on another display device (intended for TV, Projector, etc). As a test, I tried to configure ATI's Theater View mode to use the analog and DVI outputs of my Radeon HD 4200. At first it didn't work, but after I changed the renderer to "Legacy Renderer" (on XP) I can now show a small video screen in Playing Now on the first display device (analog connection) and a simultaneous full screen display on the second display device (an LCD TV connected by DVI). Apparently this doesn't work with the recent "more advanced" renderer filters.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

miguel reis

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »

Hi Alex B!
Thank you, for your answere!

I don't think it is possible by using only the options that are available inside MC...
Apparently this doesn't work with the recent "more advanced" renderer filters.

I have this on a XP computer with Pentium 3Ghz (single core...), 2GB ram, motherboard MSI (nothing special) and a Ati Radeon 4750x2 conected to 4 LCDs,  and in LCD Nš1 ,  I didnīt want to see the "full screen", only the "playing now" list with image, with the rest in "full screen"
I can do diferent images in diferent screens with diferent zones, but i wish i coul do as i said!

But as i see is not possible for now!

Better wait for a MC update to do that?

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up